India is full of a catchy of exotic fruits that offer ample health benefits one of them is star fruit. Botanically called Averrhoa carambola the fruit is a rare commodity with the fruit vendors but you can find them in supermarkets. The jams, jellies, juices are also available.The fruit is named as starfruit because of his distinct star shape. Because of its nutrient density and antioxidant properties the star fruit or carambola is now gaining popularity. Star fruit is an extremely low-calorie fruit that of just 31 calories in 100 grams of a fruit serving. Here are the list of top 10 health benefits
1. Promotes weight loss
It is the best fruit for reducing weight loss. Carambola has very low calories. Therefore it is a wonderful fruit for those who want to shed down their weight. The dietary fiber also regulates the metabolism of a body and keeps you full for a longer period.
2. Maintains blood pressure
Star fruit (carambola) is rich in sodium and potassium that all good electrolytes under maintenance blood pressure. Sodium and potassium also rivulets heartbeat blood flow and cardiac rhythm of the body.
3. Lowers risk of heart attack
Carambola is rich in calcium which reduces heart attacks on Strokes. Calcium relieves stress on the blood vessels make the heart relaxed and effective. Starfruit or carambola, therefore, maintains the fluid balance of the body. Due to this it lowers the risk of heart strokes and maintains a healthy heart.
4. Controls diabetes
The Starfruit or carambola is a bundle of dietary fibers, it helps to prevent the release of glucose after eating and controls the insulin level in the body. It is very good fruit to control diabetes if you eat one Starfruit on a daily basis you can get good results.
5. Anti-inflammatory properties
Carambola is full of vitamin C, vitamin B12 and many more nutrients are available in this fruit. It has a lot of anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin C flushes out toxins from the body. Vitamin C also increases the immunity level in the body.
6. Aids in digestion
Being a source of dietary fiber, carambola stimulates the movement of the stool and prevents the symptoms of constipation, bloating and cramping. It also helps to smooth digestion of food in the body.
7. Improves metabolism
Carambola fruit is an excellent source of folate and riboflavin which stimulates the metabolism of the body and corrects the enzymatic and hormonal balance also. It also helps to boost your metabolism in your body.
8. Lowers bad cholesterol
The dietary fibers act as a scraping tool which scratches the plague and bad cholesterol stuck on the walls of the blood vessels therapy reducing the bad cholesterol levels in the blood. Also, the negligible amount of fat in the fruit reduces the risk of various heart diseases.
9. Maintains respiratory Health
The anti-inflammatory properties present in the fruit acts as a mucolytic agent and promotes salivation. Therefore it improves respiration and lungs healthy. so whenever your kid suffers from my cough and cold and other respiratory issues try giving Starfruit or carambola.
10. Healthy skin and hair
The antioxidants present in carambola prevent skin disorders like dermatitis, quercetin,gallicacid, and other polyphenolic compounds kill free radicals of the skin making it look better and younger. It is packed with vitamin C and vitamin B complex promoting hair growth.
Some interesting Starfruit facts
- Star fruit has a short trunk and bushy, round crown. It can reach 25 to 30 feet in height and 20 to 25 width.
- Starfruit folds its leaves during the night and a response to the vibration of the tree. Starfruit produces small, bell-shaped flowers arranged in clusters that grow from the axil of leaves.
- Flowers are lilac they colored. They contain each style of procreative organs (perfect flowers). Starfruit blooms all year around. Flowers attract bees, which are responsible for the pollination of this plant.
- Starfruit produces oblong fruit with 5 deep ridges. It looks sort of a star on the cross-section, therefore, the name “Starfruit”. Fruit is light-weight inexperienced or yellow colored and lined with swish, waxy skin on the surface.
- Starfruit starts produce fruit 3 to 4 years after planting. A mature tree will manufacture two hundred to four hundred pounds of fruit p.a. Starfruit propagates via seed and grafting.
- There are two varieties of star fruit sweet and start. Start when it is used as a garnish and for the preparation of Stews, curries, dishes made of poultry, fish, and seafood. a sweet selection are often consumed recent or it is often used for the preparation of juices, cocktails, jams and sweet desserts.
- Starfruit is a perennial plant that can survive around 40 years in the wild.
These are the Starfruit or carambola health benefits and some interesting fun facts about this fruit I hope this article will help you to maintain healthy.